«And some people say that it's just rock 'n' roll. Oh but it gets you right down to your soul» NICK CAVE

sábado, março 08, 2014

Poder libertador e curativo da música

Johnny Cash sobre o poder redentor (de libertação e salvação) da música

«Years ago you described music as "my magic to take me through all the dark places" when you were young. Can you expand on that?», perguntou Sylvie Simmons, em Agosto de 2003, na casa do músico em Hendersonville, no Tennessee, seis semanas antes do músico morrer.

Johnny Cash respondeu: "Yes, oh yes. I could wrap mysel in the warm cocoon of a song and go anywhere. I was invincible. I still can. It feels good. Feels good to be in a song. I can't explain that, but that's the way it is."

"So if you're not feeling good, singing makes you feel better?", questionou a entrevistadora, a que o músico retorquiu: "Yeah, it makes me feel better. Music is very healing. The stories they tell that you can relate to, those are healing too when hard times have come. There's a magic to music all right."

(MOJO #239, October 2013)

--
A propósito:
Rock 'N' Roll rules 'n' resonates
Música, uma droga natural
Arte com fins terapêuticos

"I expect my life to end soon": última entrevista de Johnny Cash

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário