«And some people say that it's just rock 'n' roll. Oh but it gets you right down to your soul» NICK CAVE

domingo, março 27, 2011

I'm New Here por Bill Callahan (original) e Gil Scott-Heron e/ou Jamie Xx (versões)



Original de Bill Callahan (estúdio), do álbum de 2008: A River Ain't To Much To Love



O mesmo original de Bill Callahan (ao vivo, pelo próprio)



Versão por Gil Scott-Heron, do álbum de 2010: I'm New Here



Gil Scott-Heron And Jamie Xx, do álbum de 2011: We're New Here

Letra:

No No No No
I did not become someone different
I did not want to be
But I'm new here
Will you show me around

No matter how far wrong you've gone
You can always tournaround

Met a woman in a bar
Told her I was hard to get to know
And near impossible to forget
She said i had an ego on me
The size of Texas

Well I'm new here and I forget
Does that mean big or small

Turnaround turnaround turnaround

And I'm shedding plates like a snake
And it may be crazy but I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

Turnaround turnaround turnaround
And you may come full circle and be new here again

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário